Neonatal intensive care ventilation with the highest standards
key product benefits at a glance:
- HFO* uses membrane oscillation
- Volume-controlled ventilation
- PSV mode
- NIV (nCPAP, s-nCPAP, nIPPV, s-nIPPV, HiFlow, nHFO with Neojet)
- VT trigger adaptation
- 12-inch LCD color touchscreen, removable ƒ
- Simple operation – no sub-menus
- Curves and loops - Battery operation for up to 200 minutes
CLAC: CLOSED-LOOP AUTOMATIC OXYGEN CONTROL
The manual regulation of inspiratory oxygen (FiO2 ) used to supply oxygen to premature infants, is often complicated and time-consuming. In collaboration (1) between Tübingen University Hospital and the Medical & Technical University of Vienna, a special algorithm was developed to automate the oxygen control provided to premature infants (CLAC: Closed-Loop Automatic Oxygen Control). Löwenstein Medical were able to validate these experiment results in a multicenter study (1) using the Leoni plus in daily hospital operations. In order to make the CLAC controller operation as easy and intuitive as possible for the user, the algorithm control and pulse oximetry measurement were integrated into the Leoni plus (2). The entire operation, including the measured data visualization and the alarm settings, is made over the respirator user interface. At a glance, the user can determine the current graphically displayed status of the patient. CLAC takes the routine adjustment of the inspiratory oxygen (FiO2) in inspiratory gas off the clinician‘s shoulders by constantly monitoring the demand and condition of the patient in adapting the equipment settings accordingly. Thus, the user is relieved of the routine tasks. The user has the possibility to switch off the automatic control at any time in order to regulate the oxygen content manually. „CLAC may improve oxygen administration to preterm infants receiving mechanical ventilation or nasal continuous positive airway pressure while reducing workload related to RMC. (Pediatrics 2014;133:e379–e385)“ (1).
Löwenstein Medical selected Masimo SET (Signal Extraction Technology), because of ”best-in class” SpO2 algorithm performance, ensuring reliable readings under challenging monitoring conditions (low perfusion and movement artifact), which is essential for the functionality of the CLAC Option.
nCPAP system for premature babies and infants
Neojet supports spontaneous breathing of premature
and fully developed babies. The set comprises Neojet,
a set of adapter tubes, prongs, masks, a tape measure
Neojet is attached to baby‘s head by means of easy-touse
bonnets and to its nose with short nasal prongs or
soft nasal masks.
Neojet active/variable flow-nCPAP generator:
This generator is designed to support the spontaneous
breathing of newborns by creating an adjustable jet
with continuous positive pressure. Suitable for premature
and fully developed newborns up to a tidal volume
of 20 ml.*
Neojet set of adapter tubes:
For Leoni plus and Leoni
plus Transport. Individually packaged for single use.
Individually packaged for single use in
combination with Neojet. The nasal masks are distinguished
by ultrasoft silicone and anatomical shape.
Individually packaged for single use in
combination with an active Neojet.
Available in different sizes.
Key product benefits at a glance:
- Low noise
- Pressure trigger and spontaneous breathing detection without additional sensor
- Flexible adapter for positioning prongs and mask
- Patented flex tubes for easy application
- Based on the Benveniste valve with volume chamber
Ventilator for invasive and non-invasive ventilation of premature babies, neonates and infants up to 30 kg body weight for stationary use.
Ventilator for premature babies, neonates and infants up to 30 kg body weight in the following application areas:
- in the intensive care ward, in intermediate care wards, in emergency wards, in care facilities, or in the recovery room
- during transport inside and outside the hospital with a connection comprising a safety system according to EN 1789:2010 (for emergency vehicles in road transport)
- during transport in aircraft with connection by means of a fastening system according to EN 13718-1 and RTCA/DO1 60G